If your tooth needs its shape, size, strength or appearance restored, Dr. Clayton M. Hansen may recommend a CEREC same-day dental crown in American Fork, Utah. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering that is cemented over your tooth, covering the entire visible portion. Our dentist may recommend a dental crown to:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Restore a broken or worn down tooth
- Cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Cover irregularly shaped teeth
- Cover badly stained teeth
- Cover a dental implant
- Improve a tooth’s appearance
Our dentist may place a dental crown on primary (baby) teeth to:
- Save a tooth that is too badly damaged to support a dental filling
- Protect the teeth of a child who is at high risk for cavities
- Protect the teeth of a child who has trouble with oral hygiene
- Decrease the use of anesthesia on a child who is unable to cooperate during dental treatments
The process of placing a crown involves one easy visit to our office. First, we will slightly shave down the tooth that needs the crown so it can fit the restoration. We will then take an impression of your smile so your new crown will fit perfectly with the rest of your teeth. After this, your crown will be manufactured. After a short wait, your new crown will be ready, and our dentist will place the crown on your tooth, making any needed adjustments for a perfect fit. You do not have to wait weeks for your restoration to be made at a distant lab, and you can walk out of our office with your new smile!
We invite you to contact our dental office today to learn more about dental crowns and to schedule a visit with our dentist.
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*|
*Thursday and Friday hours vary. Please call for more details.