What is the greatest gift you plan to give this holiday season? Beyond gifts that can be wrapped or cooked, it is important to remember how valuable the gift of your smile can be. Your smile can warm up rooms and hearts far greater than your average consumable gifts, so it is important to keep your smile at its best.
Taking care of your teeth begins with brushing them. Everything from the style of the brush, to how you use it can affect its ability to properly function. Here are some oral health toothbrushing tips for the holiday season:
– Visit your dentist every six months or as directed for an oral exam with Dr. Clayton M. Hansen, or a professional cleaning.
– Use toothbrushes with softer bristles, as harder bristles can damage your gums. Also, be sure not to press too hard. The goal is to clean the teeth, not strip them of their enamel.
– Chewy candies and hard candies can be extremely difficult to brush away. If possible, avoid them, or give extra care to brushing your teeth after consumption.
– Make sure to brush your teeth for 2 minutes, at least twice daily.
– Keep your toothbrushes clean and properly stored when not in use.
– Many holiday delights can leave residue behind in hard to reach places, so be sure to brush thoroughly on all sides and surfaces of each tooth.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that are dentist-recommended with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
With the proper oral health care holiday hygiene, you can make your mouth dazzle this holiday season. For more information about brushing your teeth, or to schedule an appointment at American Fork Family Dentist in American Fork, Utah, please call us at 801-756-2809 to speak with a merry member of our team. Cavities can be conquered, so feel free to come see us today!