Chipped Dental Work Needs to Be Examined by a Professional Dentist

Posted .

Dental work comes in many different forms. This could include dental crowns, dental bridges, and porcelain dental veneers. While they are created from durable dental materials that often rival the strength of natural tooth enamel, it is still possible for a piece of dental work to be chipped or fractured.

This is even more likely to occur if you have a bad habit of nibbling on objects, opening packages with your teeth, or chewing on ice. Even if the damage to your dental work seems minimal, you should still have it examined by a professional dentist like Dr. Clayton M. Hansen.

If some form of dental trauma has left blood or unwanted debris in your mouth, you can gently rinse it away with lukewarm saltwater. Dr. Hansen and their highly trained staff will handle any other necessary cleaning measures.

If the internal structures of the tooth have also been traumatized Dr. Hansen might need to perform endodontic therapy. This will restore sufficient structure to anchor a new dental restoration.

If you live in the American Fork, Utah, area and you have a piece of chipped or fractured dental work, you should not delay in calling 801-756-2809 to seek care at American Fork Family Dentist.